Sunday, July 12, 2009

Don't waste the sunshine!




It has been a very rainy summer. I was excited in June thinking what great times I will have with my son at the beach. I was a river kid and always swam every day in the summer even when the water was turn your lips blue cold. Since we apparently are living a monsoon summer there was a break of rain in the forecast so Jack and I took advantage and hauled our boating/beach gear up to Wanakena to go on my parents boat.






We went to an island and had a picnic. My father the ranger wanted to cook some hot dogs on a fire. He collected some wood and in no time there we were cooking dogs.



We then drove around the lake while the boy snoozed in the boat. My dad and I had a great chat about the lake certain hunting areas. He was glad I was interested. On the way home the clouds were breathtaking.

Just in case anyone wants to know, this is the way from Cranberry Lake turning into the Oswegatchie river at wanakena. This rock always cracks me up!



Closer to Wanakena we spotted a bald eagle preying around an osprey nest. I at least tried to get this one camera since the last one that I saw I didn't have my camera.


If you look close you can see it! They are amazing.




It was a lovely day I truly believed that had the water been warmer, my son would have went all the way in. He loves the water and I pray for some warm weather to get the river slightly warmer. I did jump in but it was only because I had a sunburn and needed to cool my burn down. It was a lovely day, thank god my parents are around and have a boat.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Bre, glad you had a great time! Could Jack look any cuter in his life vest????

    ReplyDelete