Tuesday, August 4, 2009

not fit

I have lately been having feelings of why did I become a mother. Then after those feelings comes guilt for feeling that way. I am not sure if this is a bad case of PMS or maybe this is the way every mother feels. Needless to say my son was stirring at 7 this am and I of course got up and made my pot of coffee and poured him his juice that he prefers to have immediately upon arousal. Well to my surprise when I opened the door this morning there was a "hi mommy"
with my son standing in the middle of his bedroom blankeys in tow. Ugh..... I thought I am so not ready for this step in his life.

So I did what I always do when I have no idea how to handle mommy situations got to my bookshelf and read up on transitioning to a toddler bed. I thought I would get some ideas reassurance etc. Instead I am left more confused. Is he ready? Is he going to break his neck by climbing out? Can I use a crib net?(which sounds like I am fishing). I am scared I will lose my finally sleep filled nights. He is a cry/talk himself to sleep kind of kid. I don't feel he is ready to understand that he needs to stay in his bed. The worst part about it was that I didn't even hear him climb out. No loud thuds at all. I am torn, sometimes being a mom blows, they should tell you that before birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment