Sunday, March 27, 2011

Best French Toast Ever



My son has pretty much hated life since the the arrival of his baby sister. He has been boycotting dinner in an effort to maybe control something in his life. I know he loves anything covered in maple syrup so I created this recipe for




Crunchy French Toast



Loaf of frozen dough baked up


4 eggs


1 cup of milk


1tbsp of honey


1tbsp of sugar


1tsp of cinnamon


2-3cups of crushed cereal (i used OH's)





He loves to help mommy in the kitchen



I baked up a loaf of frozen dough but if you had some time and wanted to make up your own that would be amazing I am sure.











Next mix the eggs, milk, honey, sugar and cinnamon in a med bowl

I used the food processor to grind up the cereal and placed that in a separate bowl


Dip the sliced bread in the egg mix then dredge in the crushed cereal

Fry up in the pan a few minutes on each side



The bacon is neccessary side dish, as well as real maple syrup (not the fake crap). It has a pleasant crunch to it and extra sweetness with the cerea coatingl. Even though my son helped me to make the french toast he refused to eat it. Oh well, he had fun making it, and spent extra one on one time with mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment